Sunday, May 31, 2009

FF News

Hello Everyone,

My name is BigJoeJones. I am a newly appointed monitor for FeltFanatics and I am also the representative for all clans here on FeltFanatics. I'm very excited to be here and I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself to everyone and talk to you a little about what lies ahead for myself at the site and what lies ahead for the site itself. So away we go!

I intend to be a very active moderator and I value your feedback as members of this community. A lot of the things that lie ahead depend on member participation to succeed. I'm asking for your participation, feedback and your ideas because without you, FeltFanatics is just a forum. We want to grow into a large community! Without you, growth is not possible.

I will be coming up with a schedule of real money buyin tournaments for FeltFanatics for the month of June. We will play three times a week and will play assorted formats and they will be on Full Tilt Poker for the time being. Once we can achieve a sustainable following for them, I will start implementing a rankings system and we will look into prize options (That is not a guarantee of any kind, just a promise by me that we will look into it :D). I will have that schedule out and completed by June 7th and will post it on this blog and elsewhere on the forum. Everyone should have no problem obtaining information about our tournaments. As for the freerolls, I will include them in the schedule when we decide to hold them.

I will be holding two tournaments weekly for my clan. The first one is TPR Weekly Joust and it is every Wednesday at 19:00 at Full Tilt Poker. Buyin is $1.50 and format is NLHE. Password is bashem. The second one is The Kings Table and is every Thursday at 22:00 at Full Tilt Poker. Buyin is $1.50 and the format is HA (Pot Limit Omaha AND Pot Limit Holdem). Password is bigfeast. All members of FeltFanatics are cordially invited and I encourage you to attend. I wish to get to know some of you and what better place to do that than the place we all love, the poker table.

We plan to have a blog category on the forum in the near future. You will be able to write just about anything on a daily basis. I hope this area of the forum grows exponentially as it encourages dialogue, the exchange of information and the ability to express yourself intelligently in an informal setting. It will also give us all a better chance to communicate and know each other better through the blogs themselves and our comments on them. Keep your eyes peeled for blogs in the future!

I would encourage of all you to spread the word about FeltFanatics. Invite people to join. Tell those you know online or in person about our forum. Our community is your community. We want to be filled with your friends, family, acquaintances and loved ones. Start a clan and then start recruiting members and invite them to the forum. Invite them to our tournaments and let them know what's going on here at FeltFanatics. A fire starts with one single spark. Everyone is important and everyone needs to be involved. This is your forum and I want it to be the greatest spot to play and exchange information on the net. I hope to see and hear from many of you soon.

Be safe and well this week.

BigJoeJones

1 comment: